Somali Network Information center (SONIC) is the registry for .SO Internet Domain Names and maintains the database of names registered in the .so country code Top Level Domain.
SONIC is responsible for the administration of the domain name space for the country code (ccTLD) of Somalia (.SO), to serve the .so national resource, the country code Top Level Domain(ccTLD) name space in the public interest of Somalia and global internet communities.
.so is the internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Somalia. After a long absence, the .so domain was officially re-launched on November 1, 2010, by .SO Registry, which is regulated by the nation’s Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications.It was launched through various accredited registrars around the world.
SONIC is an entity regulated by National communications Authority (NCA) since March 9, 2018
· Comply with international best practice in administration and management of the all .so namespace in compliance with international best practice
· Become the .so domain administrative contact as well as technical contact;
· Administer the .so ccTLD and its Second Level Domains;
· Enhance public awareness on the economic and commercial benefits of Domain Name Registration
· Publish guidelines on the requirements and procedures for domain name registration
· Represent .so for all International forums
· Comply with all global ICANN Internet policies and help in their development.